Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Midweek Blues . . .

Wednesday, and I can't seem to get it going. I wrote out a list and even checked things off as I did them but somehow that hasn't relieved this sense of sadness or upsettedness or frustration that is sitting on my shoulders. Wait. Strike that. It isn't on my shoulders it's in my soul. That why this entry is called what it is. Now back in the day, I could look forward to Wednesday because we all would meet up at the local happy hour to play pool and dance. And dance I did. Hard, like I was trying to escape something. And it worked. For that week, it got me through to the weekend, where I could ride my bike for hours, and find quiet places to read. But of course, that's where the blues would start up again. Knowing that I was, and would always be alone in my life because that's the way I learned to survive. That's where I learned if you didn't connect with people then you wouldn't have show them anything but the surface.

No comments: