Thursday, July 5, 2007

We are off to do the fair.

I always look forward to this time of year. We pack our bags, computers, whatever books we are reading, and head up to OC for a month and a half of working, bike riding, beaching, and this year blogging about the way things work during fair season. First off, I have to think about how to say this. Every year when we start getting ready, say in April, I begin thinking about how I have to get in shape enough to be ready for the lifting, and carrying, and the long hours, and the other stuff I like to do while I am near a lot of good dance places. But somehow, this year thinking about this stuff didn't turn into doing anything about it. Maybe it was the weather, or the fact that our real estate business took up a lot of travel and thinking time, or maybe it was that I was spending so much time pecking away at my keyboard and reading through the blogosphere. Anyway, here I sit.

So in awhile, T. will be back from the bank. We pay all bills and make all the deposits and try to touch all our financial bases before we leave. I, meanwhile, have started reading Volumetrics and have decided that I am going to use it as a strategy for eating this summer.

And I have been doing some thinking also about the nature of this blog. I am interested in the world of personal finance but I am very hesitant to give other people advice. Hence, I find it real difficult to compose lists of things other people might do to live more frugally. I also am very non directive in my relationships with people. So as this summer progresses I hope to find a consistent voice through this blog that will let me explore my interest without boring the occasional reader.

No comments: