Friday, August 24, 2007

Serendipity . . .

I don't know if this counts as a serendipitous event but yesterday I came across the invitation to join bloggers around the world in a Blog Action Day, Oct. 15, 2007 to discuss the environment. The fact that this ties into my recent musings about the political possibilities of blogging and personal finance principles in particular could be just coincidence but I like to think not. I wonder what this event will be like. I've listened to Bill Maher's rants and read Micheal Chrichton's State of Fear. I've even gone back to some older SF to read John Brunner's The Sheep Look Up. It stands to reason that the environment is threatened by the continuous use and misuse to which we put it. More people, more buildings, more plastic bags/bottles. It is really funny how we use to laugh at "plastic" as the definition of something not real and now it's really clogging the arteries of our oceans, and lining the half lives of our dumps. Anyway, on that day at least we will be able to see what the blog community is all about - real or plastic?

No comments: